St Benedict's is London's leading independent Catholic co-educational school, situated in leafy Ealing.
Stellar examination results, outstanding provision across all co-curricular areas, a raft of national accolades, and an exclusively 'excellent' 2014 ISI inspection report.
A fantastic school with a beating heart for every pupil. Burgess Hill Girls has an atmosphere that facilitates and creates confident, able and independent girls – ready for whatever the world has to throw at them.
Shiplake College is a thriving boarding and day school in Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire, for boys aged 11-18, with girls joining in the Sixth Form.
Monkton Prep School, in the World Heritage City of Bath, is an independent, co-educational day and boarding school for pupils aged 7–13.
St Helen's School is committed to academic excellence and is dedicated to equipping pupils with the skills which will enable them to take their places as leaders in a rapidly changing world.
Located in beautiful grounds with excellent facilities, offering a rewarding education where success, confidence and happiness are paramount.
Welcome to www.schoolsearch.co.uk, the online guide to 1,877 independent schools in the UK: private day and boarding schools, boys' schools, girls' schools, prep schools, senior schools and sixth form colleges in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Read full profiles of leading schools and find independent schools in your region: the West of England, East of England, East Midlands, Greater London, London, the North-East, the North-West, the South-East, the South-West, West Midlands and Yorkshire & Humberside.
This site enables you to search by postcode area, or find all schools within a specified radius from your home, from two to 100 miles.
You can also read latest news and feature articles from schools, organisations and leading figures in the independent school sector, check open days, get in touch with independent school associations, read about examinations and qualifications and gain help with finding school fees.
Here are some of the latest examples of original articles and advice found on this site:
– Why British prep schools continue to be at the forefront of education, by Tania Botting, vice-chairman of the Independent Association of Prep Schools (IAPS).
– Should you send your daughter to a girls' school? How single-sex schools are tackling gender imbalance, by Charlotte Avery, 2017 President of the Girls’ Schools Association.
– How we can deliver on character education in schools, by Andrew Hammond, author of Teaching for Character.
– Exams are still scary and Brexit is looming but our independent schools continue to thrive, by Neil Roskilly, CEO of the Independent Schools Association.
– Collaboration, creativity and critical thinking – the core of an independent approach to education, by Angela Drew, Headmistress of Bromley High School GDST.
This site is in association with our highly-respected independent school guidebooks, Which School?, Which London School? & the South-East and John Catt's Guide to Preparatory Schools, which have been helping families find independent schools since Which School? was first published in 1924.